YOUR AD COULD BE HERE!
Contact Linda Carroll - (814) 881-4059
for pricing and availability!
Tony Chapman - Chairman - (407-810-3570)
CHOCOLATE CAKE CONTEST
1. Participant must be an individual amateur baker who is a Pennsylvania resident. One entry per person.
2. Entrants may NOT have won 1st place in this Homemade Chocolate Cake contest at any other fair in 2021.
3. Entry must be a layered chocolate cake made from "scratch". Pre-made mixes are not acceptable ingredients. All ingredients and decorations must be edible.
4. Entry must be frosted and frosting must be made from “scratch”.
5. Cake recipe must feature chocolate or cocoa as a main ingredient.
6. The entire cake entry must be submitted for judging on cardboard or other food safe disposable setting. (All pans, plates and dishes are considered to be disposable and will not be returned.)
7. Recipes must be submitted with the entry, printed on one side of 8-1/2” x 11” paper. Recipe must list all ingredients, quantities, and the preparation instructions. Entrant’s name, address and phone number must be printed on the back side of all the pages. (All recipes and cakes will become the property of the Fair or PA Farm Show and will not be returned.)
8. Refrigeration is not available at the fair or PA Farm Show. Entries that require refrigeration after baking must indicate so in the recipe. Those entries will not be sold, auctioned or otherwise distributed for consumption after judging for food safety reasons.
9. Judging criteria:
Flavor……………………… (aroma, taste, good balance of flavorings) 30 points
Texture...............................(moist and tender crumb; not soggy or dry) 25 points
Inside characteristics .... (even grain, evenly baked; free from air pockets) 20 points
Outside characteristics….(consistent shape/size/surface; overall appeal) 15 points
Frosting .............................(taste, texture, even color) 10 points
TOTAL 100 points
FAIR PREMIUMS: 1st = $25.00 2nd = $20.00 3rd = $15.00
First place winner is eligible for the 2022 PA Farm Show competition.
Premiums for the 2022 Farm Show Competition: 1st = $500, 2nd = $250; 3rd = $100, 4th & 5th Place—Rosette
Sponsored by: PA State Assoc. of County Fairs